Monday, April 2, 2007

Is the end in sight?

I saw the doctor again today. We came up with a game plan to try to counteract my seizures before they begin. Since I do not have epileptic seizures, I can't take "seizure" meds. But there are meds that are used to treat certain types of seizures when they occur. What types of seizures are these? I haven't a clue, but evidently that's the type I have! :) So I will take this med when I will be in situations that normally trigger seizures - shopping, church, pretty much anytime I go out in public. Hopefully over time I can reduce the times that I need this medication, and by the end of six months I won't need it at all.

So tomorrow I will put this to the test and see how it works. I'm having lunch with four of my LOSTie girlfriends at a busy restaurant in Austin. If I can get through lunch without twitching, staring, or having to leave early I'll count it a success. Stay tuned to see how it goes!

0 comments: