Friday, May 25, 2007

Anything new?

So what's up with my head injury? Any new progress? Any setbacks?

I've been doing the recommended therapy and I'm seeing a difference in some areas. My handwriting has improved which tells me my thinking skills are improving. My writing still gets really sloppy if I have very much to write, and if I'm in a hurry I tend to use the wrong words. I went back to read some notes I'd taken while watching LOST and saw that I had written "He was an hour". An hour? I have NO IDEA what I meant to write! LOL!!!! This does not bode well for going back to school! I hope it continues to improve over the summer!

I've noticed that I don't handle change well AT ALL anymore. I've always been a fairly flexible person with the exception of my morning routine - don't mess with my morning routine or I get VERY ugly! These days I do not handle any change to routine well at all. It's very stressful for me. I've finally made peace with Sam's limitations and he had surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago! I don't know if I'll ever make peace with the "open spaces" behind our property now.

I'm still not driving and that is SO depressing. I'm beginning to feel trapped in my own home! I can't run down to the store or run over to Mom's. Even if Mom comes and gets me I can't go anywhere other then Walmart or HEB because I can't leave Sam for more than an hour or two at the time. He's supposed to be kenneled when we leave him, but he will not tolerate a kennel. He must have been traumatized as a puppy, because he HATES to be confined, especially by himself. We can leave him inside with Hank for awhile, but leave him alone and he panics. Crazy dog! :)

And that, Ladies and Gentlemn, is what's going on in my little head injured world.

0 comments: