Monday, May 14, 2007

Occupational Therapy

I saw the Occupational Therapist today. He gave me homework! For once I like the homework because it means I don't have to go to therapy - I can just do it at home! I get to:
  • work with math flashcards
  • do word searches
  • look up numbers in the phone book
  • spend money (this one is my favorite!)
  • play games on the PC (love this one, too)
  • read newspaper articles and answers questions about them
  • play memory games
Along with all of this I'm supposed to simplify my life. Um, I'm not sure it can get any simpler! LOL! The goal is to increase my thinking speed and concentration skills so that I can do things like drive again. If I don't see any progress in six to eight weeks I need to contact my doctor to see what's next.

I sure hope I see some progress in the coming weeks. I improved by leaps and bounds in April, but now I feel like I've plateaued. Besides being able to drive, I want to be able to go back to school in the fall. If I can't do that I'll really be lost. Right now there is no way I could go to school. I can't write fast enough to take notes, and that is very frustrating. And then there's my memory, or lack thereof! I just have to keep telling myself that I will get better!

0 comments: