Monday, May 21, 2007

Sad, sad, sad, sad day....

Saturday was a very sad day at our house. The people who live behind us cleared their land. For the seven years we've lived here we've had woods behind our house, buffering us from a major roadway. About two years ago a developer came in and bought the thirty-five acre strip behind our street and divided it into seven plots, building one house on each plot. We weren't thrilled about this, but we still couldn't see the road and couldn't be seen from the road so all was well. Until Saturday.

I took some pictures Saturday, but the smoke from the burn piles (they were burning all the trees and undergrowth in big piles) made it hard to get a true picture of the drastic change. They are still working out there today, clearing more land. From my dining room window I can watch the cars go by when before all I could see were trees. We can see three houses from our back porch. If you walk to the back fence you can see two more houses. Our house can now be seen from the main road.

It may sound strange, but we feel exposed. I don't want to live in the middle of nowhere, but I also don't want to look out my back window into my neighbor's house. It's time to move. Anybody know a good realtor?

0 comments: