Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Odds and Ends

Not much to report this week. The weather has been typical Texas fall - hot Monday (upper 80's, sunny and gorgeous) and cold yesterday and today (mid-50's, gray and windy). Our a/c actually kicked on Monday afternoon for the first time in weeks. I've enjoyed being home with the windows open for the last weeks of October. Today I have the front windows open for some fresh air, but the rest of the house is all closed up. Too cold for that cross-breeze today! Even Miss Emma has avoided the open windows today and she usually spends most of her days in the windowsills throughout the house.

I've been working on some Christmas ornaments for my sister. I think they are turning out quite nicely. I started with plain porcelain ornaments from Hobby Lobby and stamped images on them with Black Staz-On ink and colored with Sharpie markers. I still need to add some finishing touches before I take pics and declare them "done". I had planned to work on them today, but it hasn't happened yet.

Ed and I have been tossing around ideas about what I'll do next semester. Go back to work? Go back to grad school? Take a class at the local junior college just for fun? We haven't come up with a concrete plan yet. I want to go back to grad school, but I'm not really sure I'll be up to the 70 mile round trip three times a week. I still can't drive to Killeen and back by myself and that's only half way! I've even toyed with the idea of starting the Medical Transcriptionist program at the junior college. I think I could get some of the classes waived (Edit and Proofreading, Business English, Basic Computer Applications, WOrd Processing) since I've had all of these classes at the GRADUATE level! Think that would count? ;) I'm really just floundering about what to do next with my life.

And that's what is happening here. Real exciting, huh? *wink*

0 comments: