Monday, December 31, 2007

This Month's Reads

I haven't had too much time to read this month. Between getting ready for Christmas, Bryan's visit, painting and redecorating the guest room, rearranging my stamping room, and a weekend trip to San Antonio there hasn't been much "me" time. But I did manage to squeeze in three books, one of which I finished this afternoon. Here they are...

The Little Sparrows by Al & Joanna Lacy
- First in the Orphan Train trilogy. A good story, but I thought it was a bit too predictable and sweet. Gee, does that make me sound cynical? LOL! I hope not, but there were a couple of things that just really didn't ring true to me and for some reason bugged me. It is a good book, though, and I'll probably read the next in the series!

Glad Tidings by Debbie Macomber
- This is actually two short books in one - "There's Something About Christmas" and "Here Comes Trouble". Both are good, typical Debbie Macomber stories. A good holiday read!

Home Before Dark by Susan Wiggs - Definitely the best book I read this month! This is the story of Jessie and Luz, two sisters that are more alike than either realizes. Jessie comes home from her world travels to deal with a huge life change and see her 16 year older daughter for the first, and possibly last, time. Luz welcomes Jessie home, but the pain and regrets and mistakes of the past slowly rise to the surface. Will they bring the sisters and their family closer, or break them apart forever? Great book!

0 comments: