We drove over to Coronado, across that horrible huge bridge, and decided to go to the beach beside the Hotel Coronado. We've never stayed at that hotel, but we'd love to. It's just a bit out of price range, though! ;)
Driving across the island....
Hotel Coronado..
The beach, our rental car, and me...
Beach, Ed in the water, and me in the water....
Now if you've ever been to any beaches along the coast of TX, you know the water is yucky, brownish, and toasty warm. The water in CA was crystal clear and a bit chilly. Ed and I were amazed at how clear the water was! It was so nice to be able to see through the water that was swirling around our feet. And there wasn't tons of seaweed in the water or on the beach, which was wonderful - no icky surprises as we walked through the water.
I was chasing a shell, and when I picked it up I found that it was inhabited....
And we saw this beautiful flower growing on the beach....
After leaving the beach we drove over to Point Loma (visible in the background in some of hte above pics) and visited the tide pools on the far side of the peninsula. Each little tide pool is its own little ecosystem. Very interesting!!! There were lots of little crabs crawling all over the rocks, barnacles growing on the sides of the cliffs, and various other forms of sea creatures.....
View from the top...
Mr. Crabby (left) and some barnacles (right)...
When we were through playing in the tide pools we headed back to downtown SD and had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. I enjoy visiting different Hard Rock's around the country and viewing all of the stuff they have from different performers. The SD Hard Rock had items from the Go-Go's, the Bangles, Stone Temple Pilots, Richie Sambora, and Elvis, to name a few. Always very interesting! I bought my first ever Hard Rock t-shirt and another pin to add to my collection.
Thursday evening we went to Mission Beach in hopes of watching the sunset, but we were still in our shorts and the wind was COLD! We walked through the little amusement park (where we rode the rollercoaster on our first visit), grabbed some ice cream for supper, and then headed up the coast to see if we could find somewhere to park and watch the sunset. We finally found a spot in Del Mar. Gorgeous as always, and a little bittersweet since it was our last night there. *sigh*


1 comments:
I want to go to a pretty beach now! I've really enjoyed reading about y'alls trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing time!
Post a Comment