Ed kept calling me yesterday afternoon asking if it was raining here. The town he works in was getting drenched, and it was barely even cloudy here. It rained in town. It rained at my parents' house on the edge of town. But no rain here. I had completely given up on getting even a sprinkle when I looked outside and got the shock of my life - RAIN!
I had just let the dogs out a few minutes earlier, so I opened the back door to see where they were. Sam was tearing towards the door from the back corner of the yard, squinting through the rain. He's so funny! Hank came slinking around the corner as if he was trying to stay under the eaves to avoid getting wet. He's just a goofball!
I then left them in the house and sat on the porch swing to enjoy the rain. It was so peaceful, and amazingly cool for August. It rained off and on for about two hours, and we ended up with 1 1/4 inches of rain. First measurable rainfall we've had since May. Yup. May! I was so tickled with the rain that I actually took pictures of it. Silly, I know, but I figured it might all be gone by the time Ed got home, so I wanted proof that we'd had REAL rain! :)
The view to the south....
Yes, the yard is completely scorched and dry. Summertime in TX will do that to a yard!
And the downspout on the north end of the house....
That little "river" in front of the downspout? That's the dog trail around the corner of the house. I don't think grass will EVER grow there! LOL! And notice that dent in the downspout? No? Here, look closely....
And speaking of big dogs, I snapped this pic of Ed and Sam watching the Olympics the other night. I know Ed will fuss about me posting this, but I think it's just the sweetest picture. Sammy is SUCH a snuggle bug! I'm continually amazed at Sam's white face and feet. He used to be solid red. I guess he's going gray like the rest of us!


3 comments:
That is one cute pup! I think it's hilarious that he watches tv with you guys! Our little pup Benny watches with us too.
Yea for rain!!!!!!!! We are very excited too. Awww super cute pic of Sam and Ed!!!
Awww what a sweet picture! And yay for the rain!
Post a Comment