A Peach of a Murder by Livia J. Washburn
A nice little mystery, and yummy recipes. Phyllis rents rooms to fellow retired school teachers, one of which always bests her at the local peach fest. This year Phyllis is determined to not be outdone, but when the judge drops dead after eating Phyllis's dessert, all bets are off. I’ll be looking for other books by this author.
Thou Shalt Not Grill by Tamar Myers
I stumbled across this mystery at the library and decided to give a whirl. Turns out it’s 12th in a series, and I hate to read a book series out of order. But I stuck it out and I’m glad I did. The main character,
Vampires! Werewolves! Love! Revenge! Friends! Mortal Enemies! You want edge-of-your-seat action? You got it! The third in the Twilight series, this was certainly a page turner. Bella continues to struggle with her relationship with Jacob and the ongoing rivalry between Jacob and Edward. And then
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Talk about surprised! This wasn’t at all what I expected, though I’m not really sure what it was I expected. I won’t give anything away, just in case you plan to read it. I will say that I’m glad that relationships worked out the way they did. And I thought the ending was really lame to be perfectly honest. I expected a lot more action.
The second in the Women’s Murder Club Series. This time Lindsay’s father shows up after a 20+ year absence. Lindsay is still grieving the loss of her lover from the first book, and struggling to cope with her new job as Lieutenant. Then there are the murders that appear to be racially motivated, yet not connected at first. Throw into the mix an ex-cop that went to prison for murdering a young boy 30 years ago, the FBI, and the rest of the WMC and you’ve got another great novel!!!! This one really keeps you guessing right up until the end.
Pointe and Shoot by Natalie M. Roberts
Jenny T. Partridge. What a gal! Dance instructor, clutz, magnet for trouble. The silver hummer is back, along with death threats, psycho dance moms, and the insanity of preparing for another competition. Tate moves Jenny into his house to protect her, and hires a couple of truly comical goons as body guards. Where are James and Sal? Oh, they’re still in the mix, but not quite as prevalent in this novel. Sal is still a barrel of laughs though. There is never a dull moment when he’s around! As my friend Kim said, when you read this book, “Prepare to get your giggle on!”




1 comments:
Wow girl that is quite the list! Glad you liked A Peach of a Murder. I have that somewhere in my book pile. Sounds cute. I LOVE Tamar Myers. I need to see where I left off. Magdalena is quite a hoot. She also writes a series called Den of Antiquity. It's also good. Glad you got your giggle on in Pointe and Shoot :) Good luck getting through Jane Eyre. I have that in my book pile too but I always grab something else, LOL.
Post a Comment