Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Still Upside Down

Bryan did not come to live with us last week. Everything was in place - school transfer taken care of, plane ticket purchased, money sent for baggage check charges - and he changed his mind. If I could reach through the phone and smack the boy upside his head, I would. The reasons that he wanted to leave PA haven't changed, but something else came up that caused him to want to stay. I'm not ready to talk about that yet, but I truly hope and pray that this has been a wake up call for him and that he'll get his act together. He has such potential, and it just breaks my heart to see him spiraling downward. Please continue to pray for him.

Ed and I are still recuperating from the craziness of last week. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! My poor little damaged brain has been in overdrive! Amazingly enough, though, through all of the insanity and emotional highs and lows of the past ten days, I have not had a seizure. That is a blessing! And a sign of progress, I think. *grin*

On a positive note, Ed killed his second deer of the season on Saturday. That's more free meat for our freezer. WOOHOO!!! I know a lot of folks don't care for venison, but it's just about all we eat. Deer from different parts of the country taste different (or so I've heard), and I must say that Central Texas deer are quite yummy. We grind most of it up in to burger meat and I use if for everything - tacos, spaghetti, chili, burgers, casseroles - everything!

As for stamping, I've been working on my LOSTie secret sister's gifts. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh? I think we'll be opening our gifts next weekend, so I can share them with you then. I'm also working on another card kit swap - this one is winter/Christmas. I think the reveal for it is also next weekend, so stay tuned for a cardapalooza! :)

3 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

We missed you Saturday! You are in my prayers, and it sounds like things are tough. Know we are here for you!

Liz Harrell said...

Mmmm... there's nothing like venison to make some great chili! And I'm sorry to hear things are stressful for you guys right now.

Jane said...

That is a good thing about no seizures! I'll send some good vibes across the ocean, and i hope that all with be ok with B, and that this situation and that y'all can look back and say that it something good came out of it!

Kiss kiss
Jane