Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 - A Look Ahead

This past year was so crazy and I had so little energy left over from the daily tasks of life. I'm hoping that this year will be calmer and more joyful. Every year I make the same old sad New Years Resolutions, and never seem to keep any of them. This year I will not make any resolutions, but I do have some things I am looking forward to and some goals I hope to achieve.

Bright spots in the year ahead....

  • Both of our boys will be out of school (well, you can hardly call Brooks a "boy" at 24) -Bryan will graduate from high school in June, and Brooks will finish his Master's Degree in August
  • I hope to get my back problems resolved so I can once again try to lose some weight. That's a very hard thing to do when you can't exercise!
  • Stamping. I want to do it. I miss doing it. I have very little mental energy left to do it. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to the 2010 Challenge my friend Tracy issued - to make 5 cards each month. Surely I can find time to do that, right?
  • Blogging. If I'm stamping, I'll have something to blog about! :)
  • Getting to know a very special lady better. Her name is Kathrine and she plays a very important role in the life of someone I love very much. We are now friends via Facebook, and I hope we will continue to grow as friends. 
  • I am looking forward to having Ed all to myself again. Maybe we'll even manage a little mini-vacation to the coast or something.
  • Spending quality time with my parents and my mother-in-law. I'm blessed to have them all close by, and I need (and want) to spend more time with them.
I think that about sums it up - family, friends, health, and hobbies.  May this new year be a blessed one for all my friends and family!

    0 comments: