Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Livin' on the Edge

Well tomorrow's the big day! I finally get to see the neurologist! And after that we have an appointment with the psychologist to discuss ways to improve my memory, organization skills, daily coping skills, and stuff like that. To be perfectly honest, I'm very excited about finally getting to see doctors who can help me, but I'm pretty darn nervous about it, too! I hadn't expected to get in to see them so quickly, so it's a bit of a shock.

Some interesting stuff that I've noticed since my horrid seizure Friday night:
  • I can no longer write properly. I form my letters from right to left and bottom to top. And I cannot write in cursive without really, really, really, really, really, really, really thinking hard about it. So I print. Very illegibly. My sister saw my writing on Monday and said it looked pretty good - for a third grader! Great!
  • I have very little interest in doing anything for very long. Not stamping, not chatting with my Losties, not reading, not watching movies. Kinda' creepy!
  • When I do have a seizure now it starts with my left leg (previously it would be my right leg). Don't know if this is significant, but I thought it was interesting....
I hope that we get some answers tomorrow to our millions of questions. I need the seizures to stop so that I can concentrate on getting better and not have to worry constantly if something I want or need to do is going to trigger a seizure. Maybe if the seizures stop I can start getting out more. I'm really getting sick of being stuck in my house! :)

0 comments: