Sorry for going so long without any news. The past week has been crazy busy! Last Thursday I went shopping with Mom & Dad, Friday I had two appointments, and then Saturday we went to San Antonio to meet up with some of my LOSTie friends. Ed and I spent the night and then had a marathon trip to Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Sportsman's Warehouse on the way home! Of course I got to go to Michael's and buy some new embossing folders for my Cuttlebug, so I was a happy camper! Monday I slept most of the day, recuperating from four days of non-stop action. Yesterday I had to go to the hospital for an echocardiogram, and today I'm not doing much of anything! :)
So... doctor's appointments last week..... Here's the condensed version:
When I hit my head, I injured my brain and I've had to relearn stuff as simple as making a sandwich and as complex as grocery shopping (may not seem complex to you, but believe me, it is!). The good news is that when I relearn something it "sticks" and I don't have to learn it over and over again. One thing that I have to relearn is how to handle stress. We (the docs and I) think that my seizures are being caused by an overreaction to stimuli, whether emotional or environmental. My brain no longer knows how to handle the stimuli, so it farms it out to the body, so to speak - sort of like when you get really nervous about something and get a stomach ache or a bad headache. Unfortunately relearning this is not a simple process, nor a quick one. So I shall continue to have seizures for the foreseeable future. The good news is that they are much less frequent (and so far less severe) than they were a few weeks ago. I might have one or two a week as opposed to one or two a day.
On the chiropractic front, I have two more appointments and I'll be a free woman! I'll hit "maintenance" after next Friday's appointment and I'll just go when I feel the need. I've felt so much better after the chiropractic care I've had the past six months or so! I had very few problems with my fibromyalgia this winter, and am pretty much pain free most of the time! Not to mention that after the accident the adjustments improved my balance and motor skills when the medical docs said they couldn't do anything about it!
I'll tell you about the trip to San Antonio and meeting my LOSTie sister Leslie (she's a doll!!!) another time. Maybe later today, maybe tomorrow! ;)
2 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment