Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

No one likes their mother-in-law. They are too this and too that, send weird gifts for birthdays and Christmas. Never agree with how you're raising your children. Always try to give unwanted and unneeded advice. Am I right?

Nope! I'm wrong! At least about my own mother-in-law. I must say that I have an awesome MIL!!!! She is very sweet and sensible. We agree on just about everything, to include parenting (amazing, huh?) and she's never sent me an ugly/strange/goofy gift! :)

I've listened to so many friends over the years tell horror stories about their MIL's and my ex-MIL certainly wasn't the greatest. We were cordial to one another, but I could never see us being friends or see myself calling her anything other than Mrs. Flores.

Now I am truly blessed to have a MIL that I consider a friend and a second mom. I never even asked her if I could call her Mom, it just sort of happened as if it were a perfectly natural thing to call her. It fits. She's darling - sweet, loving, considerate, feisty, and very independent. She takes great care of her own mother without complaint. And she's been a HUGE help to us over the years in getting our youngest back and forth to the airport from his bio-mom's house. Without her we probably wouldn't have seen Bryan nearly as much as we have. She's truly wonderful!

I love you, Mom! You did an excellent job of raising Ed - he's an amazing man and I'd be completely lost without him. Thank you so much for sharing him with me! I hope you have a super, super birthday!!!!

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aww that is so super sweet and I'm definately jealous of y'alls relationship. That is so wonderful!!!