Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ed!

Today is my dear husband's birthday! He took the day off work and we've spent most of it together. You know how exciting it is to take a day off and spend it doing wonderful things like going to doctor's appointments and running errands? Fun! Fun! Fun! Especially when the weather is just not-so-gorgeous. It's been misty and horribly foggy here all day, with temps hovering right around 40. Ed did take time to go hunting this afternoon, but he didn't see the big buck he's been after. By the time he got home he was chilled to the bone, poor guy!

We did have a super yummy supper with my parents and sister. We went to Mel's Burgers (again!) and had burgers, fries, onion rings, and ice cream. I don't know about Ed, but I'm stuffed! I don't think I'll need to eat again for a few days! LOL!

Ed made a killing on birthday presents this year! We went to Academy this morning and he got two new pair of jeans and a new pair of sweats. I gave him a set of pry bars that he's been eyeballing from Sears. My parents gave him a Sears giftcard (Craftsman tools, here he comes!), and from my sister he received two movies - Clint Eastwood and a James Bond flick. Not too shabby, huh? Especially considering Christmas is right around the corner!

Here is the card I made for him (at the last minute - like 4:00 this afternoon! EEK!). Everything is from Stampin' Up except for the twill tape. I used Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, and Very Vanilla cardstock. The DP is from the Outlaw collection. The main image is from the Bronc Buster set, stamped in Chocolate Chip. The little star stamped in Really Rust on the background is from the Wanted stamp set. I distressed the edges of the Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip CS and sponged the image with Creamy Caramel to give it an aged look. I used my Cropodile to set the large eyelets, and then ran the twill tape through them. I sponged the twill tape with Chocolate Chip ink to make it look a little softer. It looked rather bright against the main image since I had sponged it with the Creamy Caramel. And last but not least, I popped the image up on dimensionals!

0 comments: