Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm much too young to feel this damn old!

Please pardon my language, but it is SO true! I went to the Pain Clinic at our hospital today to get the results of the MRI I recently had on my lower back. Turns out I don't have a happy spine. Now that's something that I've known for years, but now I have yet another "official" diagnosis. And what is that diagnosis? Well, sit down and get comfy...

Degenerative disc disease
Ruptured disc
Bone spurs
Arthritis in my lower back and hips
Sacroilitis (not sure how to spell this!)

Fun stuff, huh? They gave me two corticosteroid shots in my lower back today which hopefully will ease the chronic pain in my back and hips. We'll see!

Of course it doesn't help that my fibromyalgia and arthritis were already bothering me today due to our yucky cold wet weather. Right now I'm sitting here with ice on my back because the muscles in my back are NOT happy about the shots today. I sure hope I feel better in the morning!

On a happy note, the nurse practitioner today told me that I'm "very young" to have these type of spinal problems. Why is that happy? Well it's a big switch from the usual "at your age" statement that usually prefaces doctor's statements these days! :)

0 comments: