Tuesday, June 3, 2008

San Diego, Day 1

I got the pics all uploaded to the PC and some basic sorting done, so let's see if we can find some to share...

On our first day in San Diego we went to Old Town for lunch. I guess we were a little early for lunch, because the restaurant we chose was only serving brunch. We're always up for breakfast, so it was fine with us. I had Huevos Rancheros and it was YUMMY! It was quite chilly sitting outside in the shade, but it was a very nice change from the 90+ temps in Texas. Old Town is, like the name suggests, where San Diego originated. Here are some pics (hint: you can click on the picture to see it in a larger format)...





Ed took this pic of me and I didn't even know it! :)



When we were flying over San Diego on our approach to the airport we could see a ton of purple trees all over the city. We asked around Old Town and found out that they are Jacaranda trees. They are so pretty!



After visiting Old Town we checked in to our hotel and this was part of the view from our room....



We had supper at Seaport Village in a little restaurant that sits out over the bay. This was the view from our table - Coronado bridge!



After supper we drove up to La Jolla to watch the sunset. Now Texas sunsets are a sight to behold, but nothing beat a sunset over the ocean and La Jolla has the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen!



When we got to La Jolla part of the beach was partitioned off because it was occupied by about 100 sea lions. We could get about 40 feet from them and they just didn't care at all. They just laid there and snorted and scratched and stretched.



And that, in a nutshell (or a blog post, as the case may be) was our first day in San Diego. Tune in tomorrow for our trip to the zoo!

1 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Wow that looks gorgeous. I have never been to San Diego..It sure is beautiful. The photo of your sea lions is not showing up. YES, those purple trees are beautiful. Glad your home safe! I will miss this months group, as I will be on vacation to Colorado!