Monday, June 2, 2008

A bit about our vacation

We took almost 400 pictures while we were in San Diego, and I haven't uploaded them to the PC yet. Once I do, it will take me a while to sort through and organize them. So until I get that done I'll just share a bit about our trip.....

Last Monday was our 10th wedding anniversary, so we took a wonderful vacation to San Diego to celebrate. We've been to SD several times in the past, but Ed was there on business and I just tagged along for fun. This was the first time we've both been there "just because." We flew out early on Monday and spent the day wandering around Old Town and Seaport Village. Tuesday we went to the zoo (believe it or not, Mr. "I don't like zoos" actually had fun!). Tuesday night we drove out to La Jolla to watch the sunset. Wednesday we took a road trip up over the mountains into the desert and then back to Julian for lunch. We spent Weds evening in Seaport Village again. Thursday we went to Coronado island and spent some time at the beach. We went to Mission Beach that evening, but we were still in shorts and short sleeve tops and the wind was COLD! We found a place to park along the coast to watch the sunset w/out freezing to death! :) Friday morning we packed our bags, checked out of the hotel and went back to Coronado for another beach trip before heading to the airport. We flew home late Friday afternoon and we've spent the weekend trying to recuperate from too much food, tons of laundry, and a 2 hour time change! LOL!

It was a wonderful five days! My brain cooperated for the most part. I still needed a nap each day, but was able to hold out until later in the afternoon. I did NOT like the airports. The constant announcements and "echo-y" environment are NOT Sensory friendly. I had a small seizure before we left Austin on Monday morning, and had a pretty big one in the airport in San Diego Friday afternoon. Once we got on the plane I was fine. Thankfully there weren't any screaming children on either flight. Those were really the only hiccups of the trip. I'm really tired from the trip, and plan to have several "down days" this week.

So that's the trip in a nutshell. I hope to have pics for you tomorrow!

1 comments:

Tracy H said...

I'm soooo glad you had a wonderful trip!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful pix!!!

Trace