Thursday, August 7, 2008

Better late than never

I finally sat down at my stamping desk and did a little creating after supper tonight. I managed to make two cards, bringing my total for the summer up to 67!



A 4x4 card, with Sarah DP from Stampin' Up. I used the Boho flower punch, So Saffron cardstock, and Fresh Fillers w/ So Saffron ink to make the flower, with a green gem brad for the center. It is layered on Certainly Celery cardstock. The cardbase is Brocade Blue stamped with the Linen BG stamp in Brocade Blue ink. The DP is layered on So Saffron card stock. The sentiment is from the One of a Kind stamp set, also from SU, and stamped in Brocade Blue ink. This was a really quick and easy card! I think it took me longer to decide what color brad to use for the center of the flower than to make the rest of the card!




My Stampin' Up demo and friend, April, made a card similar to this at last month's stamp group meeting. I decided to give a whirl, and this is the result. Not a card you can put in an envelope and mail, but it would work if you were mailing a package, or giving a gift in a gift bag.

Cardstock and ink are both Certainly Celery, DP is Sarah, ribbon is by Basic Grey, and the sentiment is by Hero Arts.
The card is made from three SU Scalloped Circle punches. I used a gem brad for the center. Swirl stamps are from Swirls by Autumn Leaves. I've had these stamps for almost two years and I think this is the first time they've seen ink! Smiley from millan.net


5 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the simplicity of these! Great job!

Liz Harrell said...

You are so talented! These are adorable.

Kimberly said...

These are adorable Suz! I really love your layered flowers. Especially that second one!

Cindy Motz said...

very cute Suz! 67 card! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Ooh I LOOOVE these! You are very talented! And that pie up top looks really, really delicious. No joke. My mouth was watering. ;-)