Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Decisions...and wooden shoes

I've been torn between going to school this fall and trying to find work. What should I do? Take a class for fun? Take something that will tax my brain? Search for work that won't push me over the edge and cause seizures? How fragile am I? Do I really even want to consider the fact that I might not ever be "me" again? Or that I could even be considered "fragile?" (The answer to the last two questions is No and NO, by the way!)

Ed and I have talked, discussed, fussed over, toyed with, and anguished over this topic for quite some time now. Have we come up with any answers? A few. Do we have all the answers yet? Nope. Will we ever? I doubt it.

For now, we've decided that I won't go to school this fall. I will continue to work my piddly 4 hours a week at the college. And I'm going to apply to volunteer at our little podunk sorry excuse for a public library. On days that don't involve "Toddler Time" and "Story Time." The goal is to experience new things and push my brain in new directions, but these directions certainly do NOT include screaming children. Nothing against the kids, but sensory overload is a very real part of my life and definitely NOT a pleasant part!

I could drone on and on about this, that, and the other, but I won't bore you. :) How about a fun picture instead?


This is a golden oldie! Circa 1983 - somewhere in the Netherlands. We took a bus tour to the Netherlands (We lived in Germany then, btw. We didn't travel to Europe from TX via tour bus! LOL) , and this is somewhere along the way. I love the sign on the shop! And yes, they did make wooden shoes here, hence the big red shoes that Mom and Dad are standing in! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH
MY
GOSH!!!!
I love that!
We went on a bus tour to the Netherlands, too.
SO funny - our tour guide kept telling us over & over what it meant.

I think we went to that same place!!!!!

Kimberly said...

LOL, OMGosh that picture is priceless!!!!! Good luck volunteering at the library. I think that is a fabulous idea!

Liz Harrell said...

What a fabulous picture! I'd love to go there.

Good luck with your new endeavors... I think screaming children is something that anyone should avoid! :)

Melissa said...

Oh my stars!! Look at how cute y'all are in those shoes!!!


Good luck with your new adventures, Suz.