Monday, November 3, 2008

Upside Down You're Turnin' Me.....

Heaven help us! Ed's youngest son, Bryan, called us late Saturday and asked to move down here. Soon. Lots of reasons, none of which I'll go in to at this point. Ed and I spent yesterday talking and praying and trying to remember to breathe. Bryan called again late last night, after talking this all over with his mother, and said that she agreed to let him come live here. *gulp* Okay. It's the best thing for him, but Lawsie Mercy is it going to turn out quiet little lives upside down!!!!!

Bryan is almost 17 and is used to having total and complete freedom. Ed and I believe in limits and consequences. And then there's the whole driving thing. And dating. Oy! I'm not ready for this!

If you are a person of faith, please, please pray for us!!!!! We need strength, and courage, and wisdom, and most of all (for me anyway) peace. I tend to stress about things easily and that leads to seizures these days. I don't have time for seizures!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

My prayers are with you Suz! It will be a huge adjustment for sure, but will make such an impact on Bryan's life!

Melissa said...

Suz, I'll pray for you and Ed (and Bryan!!) as you all go through this transition. I know that it will be an adjustment for everyone, but you and Ed will be such a blessing to him at this time. He may resist the boundaries that y'all put in place, but he will grow to appreciate them. Hugs to you all!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

My prayer are with you. This will be an adjustmeent as Teens are normally. Sounds like it will be the best for him. They need boundaries, they don't believe it now, but will as they grow. Hugs, and I am here if you need anything! chris