Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Believe...

This post has been building in my heart and mind for months. I think the time has come to spew forth and move on. It will most likely ramble and be disorganized, but please bear with me.


I believe....
* in one Almighty God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* life begins at conception and ending that life at any time is wrong.
* children are a miraculous gift from God and should be treated as such.
*in one Savior - Jesus Christ, the Son of God. In His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father and His coming return.
* that acceptance of Jesus as The Savior is the one and only way to Heaven.
* that marriage consists of one man and one woman.
* that homosexual relationships are wrong.
* that God is a wonderfully forgiving God!
* that I am a sinner, no matter how hard I try to be good and do right.
*that although God hates sin, he loves sinners. I do my best to follow his example no matter how strongly I feel about the sin itself.
* the Bible is the infallible and inspired Word of God. Nothing may be added or taken from it. It is not a book of stories, but a book of Truth.
* we only have one world and should be responsible in preserving it. I'm not the most "green" person around, and yes I do drive an SUV, but I try to do what I can - recycle, clean green, drive less, air dry laundry, etc.
* that our President should be a man (or woman) of Christian faith.
* that our President should be a military veteran and should be a STRONG supporter of our military.
* that we have the right to purchase and own handguns and long guns for self defense, hunting, or just because we want to.
* that tougher gun laws only make it harder for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves. Criminals don't give a rip about gun laws, and if the public is unarmed the criminals have free reign.


I believe so much more that I just can't put into words. I don't' like to mix religion and politics, but when it comes to our President I believe that the two really go hand in hand. I feel very strongly about this election, but have kept much of my opinion to myself as the majority of my friends support the other candidate. I just pray that the Lord's will will prevail today and the next four years will be one of prosperity and growth and moral rejuvenation for our nation.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Well said, Suz!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Very well said!

Anna said...

Suzanne! Dang girl! You just put it all out there! LOL! Very brave of you! I hope you felt better expressing all of that. I'm sorry to hear about the stuff with your step son right now. I hope the best path for him will be clearer for everyone involved in the weeks ahead.

Tammi said...

Wow Suz, I wake up, log on, and see you made a post and come on over and see this from a few weeks back! Very well stated! It's interesting times that's for sure, I thank God we have our faith to fall back on.

And some hugs and prayers for all that you've both dealt with on your stepson and on his future.