Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bunco prizes

Greetings from the land of the unwell. I have felt rotten since Sunday and I am so sick of it! I did get to see my doctor yesterday and I'm all stocked up with antibiotics, so I think the worst of it is behind me. I knew getting sick was inevitable. My allergies have been bad for the past few weeks and when they stay bad for that long I'm destined for a sinus infection. *sigh* Such is life.

My friend and co-worker Melissa asked me to make some gifts/prizes for her Bunco group. I made the tin back in December (don't know if I ever shared it), and have no use for it, so I'm tossing it into the gift pile, but the other two items are freshly made.

First, the tin...

I used all Stampin' Up materials for this project, except for the tin itself and the white paint on the lid. I believe the tin is from a hot chocolate product that my sister received last year as a secret Santa gift. She gave me several of them to alter. The white paint is good old Tulip paint from Hobby Lobby. Nothing fancy! :)

To cover the tin I used Jersey Shore paper adhered w/ Terrifically Tacky Tape. It's trimmed in Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon. The stamped image is from Simply Said, and is stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink, punched w/ the 1 1/4" circle punch. That is layered on Wild Wasabi CS (punched w/ 1 3/8" circle punch) and that is layered on a 1 1/2" Night of Navy circle. I used an Old Olive brad in the center of the flower, and the whole thing is mounted on a pop-up glue dot. The ribbon is Wild Wasabi.


For the top of the tin, I roughly painted the edges white, adhered Pumpkin Pie CS in the center (after stamping a small flower from Simply Said in Pumpkin Pie ink randomly on the CS) using Terrifically Tacky Tape, and them made the flower and mounted it on pop-up glue dots and dimensionals. I made the flower by punching Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Wild Wasabi CS w/ the 5-petal flower punch. I layered the blues for the flower and anchored them together with a large brad (not SU). For the "leaves" I cut 3 of the petals off of the Wild Wasabi flower and attached them to the underside of the flower. I then took an Old Olive marker and gave them a little "leaf line" down the center. Easy peasy!



For the post-it note holder, I used a 4x6 piece of Bo Bunny paper, adhered a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Ruby Red CS to it, added a cute cow image (from An 'Udder Birthday, TAC) that I colored w/ SU markers and mounted on Old Olive CS, and slid the whole thing into an acrylic frame. Then I tied some Old Olive ribbon around it, attached a pad of Post-It notes on top of the red CS, and voila - a gift! This has to be one of the quickest things to make in the entire craft world. The hardest part is just choosing which papers and image to use!


And last, but not least, is the calendar. This is the first one of these that I have made, so it was kind of a shot in the dark. I made the calendar using Excel and then trimmed all the months to be the same size. I know you can buy little mini calendars, but I didn't have the time to order any. I covered 2 chipboard coasters w/ printed paper (this is from Basic Grey), inked the edges with Summer Sun ink, mounted the calendar on Summer Sun CS, and added some green grosgrain ribbon and 3/16" eyelets. The image is from tha same stamp set as the post-it-holder - An 'Udder Birthday from TAC - and I colored it w/ Prismacolor pencils and OMS. Punched it out with the Marvy Mega circle punch, mounted it on a piece of Summer Sun CS punched w/ the Marvy Giga scalloped circle punch, piereced some holes in it around the edges, and adhered it to the chipboard. The two pieces of chipboard are held together with mini-hinges from making Memories. Just a note - the Cropodile comes in quite handy when making projects using chipboard!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It's all so cute! She'll love them!

Tammi said...

Suz, these are all so awesome! I love that cow calendar and the cow post it note, cuuuutttee!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Awesome gift! i make gifts for my Bunco group, when I host! Love the chipboard calendar idea!