Today is more of a "place I love." The San Diego Zoo. I know I posted a whole bunch about it back in June when we returned from our trip out west. I've been to the zoo several times and the animals never fail to amaze me. To see God's creations so close and in such natural settings is breathtaking. Who would ever dream of being less than three feet - or three inches - from a silver-backed male gorilla or a tiger eating breakfast? Or a polar bear playing or meerkats playing tag? It's absolutely mind boggling.


All of these pics are regular camera setting - no zoom. I love going to the zoo early in the morning before all of the school field trips arrive. There are so many opportunities to see the animals up close at the glass. They are used to people, so they will just sit there and look at you (usually). This male gorilla, for instance, was looking at me just as intently as I was looking at him (not in this pic, but later). I watched him a long time, looking at his hands, feet, fingernails, his facial features. Amazing. The beauty and uniqueness of God's creations is beyond words.
I love animals, and I love places like the SD Zoo where I have an opportunity to truly SEE them, in as close to a natural habitat as I will ever be able to see.


2 comments:
Wow Suz, what wonderful pictures. I can see myself doing just the same thing as you with the gorilla, watching him as you described. Animals truly are remarkable!
They are gorgeous animals!
Post a Comment