Yes, it has once again been too long since I have written anything here. To be perfectly honest there isn't much going on at the moment. The mark of the vampire has faded, but there is still a faint bruise there and now it's sore. It didn't hurt when it looked awful. Strange, huh?
Yes, my birthday has come and gone since I last posted, and it was nice and quiet. I spent my birthday with Mom and Cindy shopping in Round Rock. We hit the outlet mall early before the temp got over 100. I had plenty of money to spend, so of course I didn't find anything to buy. Always happens that way, doesn't it? We had a yummy lunch at La Madeline and then headed over to IKEA. Mom and Cindy hadn't been to this IKEA, so it was a first for them. We were all rather disappointed. Everything seemed to be in a state of flux - displays being swapped out, shelves bare, and several things looked just plain dirty. I've never seen it that bad before. Not a way to make a good impression on newbies! It was also surprisingly crowded for a weekday. I came home with a total of three bags - new canisters from IKEA, a new wallet from Fossil, and some pot holders from Calphalon. Exciting, huh? :)
That evening Ed and I ordered pizza, watched a DVD, and had DQ Blizzards for dessert. He bought me exactly what I asked for - a SIGG bottle w/ all the necessary accessories! It's perfect for taking to work and out on errands.
The next day Cindy and I trekked over to the new shopping center in Harker Heights and continued our shopping. I had much better luck spending my money that day! James Avery, Barnes & Noble, and Dillard's did me in! Two new pairs of shoes, four books, two new charms for my bracelet, and lunch at Chipotle. Well worth dealing with the heat and the Saturday shoppers!
This week has been quiet. Work, housework, read, Facebook, pick tomatoes, water the trees, go to bed, read, sleep, repeat. That's about it. We're averaging 75 cherry tomatoes a day from two plants. The big tomatoes have slowed down in this awful heat. We're picking maybe 8 each week right now. I think they'll be "done" soon. The cherry tomato plants are trying to take over the world, though. One plant has pushed the garden fence over and keeps on growing! I think its vines stretch a good 6' x 4'. Seriously. It's insane!
Next week I'm attending the annual LOSTie Gathering. This is the fourth year that our group has been gathering together, and it's in Texas this year, so I can't miss it. In prior years the money for travel hasn't been in the budget. It's wonderful that it's so close to home this time! Four of the ladies that are attending are TX LOSTies that I have met before and it will be wonderful to see them again. The other ladies that are attending I have been chatting with for years and haven't had the opportunity to meet yet. I'm so excited to finally meet them! This will be a big adventure for me, because these gatherings can get pretty rowdy and my brain doesn't do rowdy very well any more. I hope there is a quiet place where I can go and hide if needed. :) I'm sure I'll have a great time, regardless! I also hope I'll get some stamping done while I'm there. My summer stamping challenge is not going well.
Speaking of Summer Stamping Challenge, I did pull out an older SU Simply Scrappin' kit and challenged myself to make cards from it. Between yesterday and today I managed to make ten cards! They aren't the best cards I have ever made, but they aren't too bad, either. They bring the summer's total up to 18. I still have a looooooooong way to go! I'll try to remember to take and post pics soon!
2 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment